Every person who at least once in his life has had to deal with the shipping of goods across the border knows that there can be a lot of difficulties in connection with this process. To easily overcome the difficulties associated with customs clearance of the cargo being transported, you can use the services of customs brokers.
A customs broker is a representative who acts as an intermediary between the owner of the goods (the customer of services) and the customs service, representing the interests of the client. The purpose of the customs representative (broker) is the fast and smooth customs registration or customs clearance of cargo. The customs broker and his client must conclude an agreement, in which the obligations of both parties are prescribed and the necessary terms are indicated.
Customs Agent Responsibilities
The standard duties of a customs broker include:
- Definition of Customs Union Commodity Classification of Foreign Economic Activity codes
- Detailed description of the goods in the customs declaration
- Calculation of customs payments
- Presentation of goods to the customs authority
- If necessary, the provision of additional information about the goods
- Submission of a customs declaration for cargo.
The standard list of duties of a customs agent can be changed in accordance with the legislation, the capabilities of the broker itself or the wishes of the client.
Customs broker services may also include:
- Responsible storage of goods in a warehouse while it is being cleared.
- Coordination of formalities and dispute resolution with customs authorities.
- Obtaining all types of certificates required for goods.
- Consultation on all issues of customs legislation.
- Legal support and assistance in solving non-standard tasks.
Customs broker services can help you significantly save time, and sometimes finances. But in order to get the maximum benefit from such cooperation, you need to very carefully approach the choice of a customs representative.
The company “Shumkar” LLC has the opportunity to offer the client the best prices for him, depending on the dynamics of turnover, the range of products and other parameters.